France is and has been for years the most popular destination in Europe with a large variety of property for sale. Each French region has its own variety of houses for sale, be it a rural, coastal and alpine environment...
France is administratively divided into 18 administrative regions, of which 13 are on mainland France, and four are overseas. This is after a mayor change in law in 2016, when the mainland regions passed from 22 to 13 on the first of January 2016. In the pages of France4u we still deal with the old denominations of regions. There are few people that know for example Occitanie stands for the old regions Languedoc, Roussillon and Midi pyrenees.
here the complete list of regions in france today:
2. Nouvelle-Aquitaine (Aquitaine-Limousin-Poitou-Charentes)
3. Normandy (Lower and Upper Normandy)
4. Grand Est (Alsace-Champagne-Ardenne-Lorraine)
5. Occitanie (Languedoc-Roussillon-Midi-Pyrénées)
6. Hauts-de-France (Nord-Pas-de-Calais-Picardie)
11. French Guiana
16. Pays de la Loire
Meet our team